Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Coming to a Close Part one: Leaving Everything Behind

I really should have made a post about this a while ago but I've been a little busy. But at the moment it's a rainy vacation day and I have nothing better to do. Because it's encompasses so much, this will be the inaugural post of a multi-part blog entry. There will be a few different parts: Leaving behind activities that you love, Prom, Graduation, and beach week.  So let's start this off right: Leaving behind activities that you love.

Graduating from high school typically means leaving behind many things that for the last four years have been your life. For me it's everything that high school has let me be a part of, I know that it might not be that way for everyone but it is for me. For the past four years I have been involved in lots and lots of clubs, but the two that mean the most to me are Best Buddies and theatre. I know for a fact that i have talked about best buddies before, in fact it was this post right here. In case you didn't read it or you don't want to read it, I'll give you a little refresher.

Best Buddies
Best buddies is an international organization that's main goal is to create one-to-one friendships between middle school, high school, and college individuals with individuals with Intellectual and developmental disabilities. I can not say enough how much being a part of this club has changed my life. It has made me a generally happier person, made me more accepting of others, and not to mention the amazing friendships I have made. I am immensely proud of our chapter this year because we were named Best High School Chapter in the state of Maryland. It has been a pleasure working with such a wonderful officer team and Advisors. Leaving this behind will be one of the hardest things about leaving high school. I love them all more than they know.

Theatre
All of the seniors!
Dakota and I
For me theatre was kind of a thing that I only joined because that's what all my friends did and I wanted to be with them ,but it turns out that I absolutely adored it. I never got into being on the stage, but I also wasn't really behind the scenes. I did Front of House. To most people this term might not make very much sense, to clarify, I was the one who decorated the entrance to the auditorium and sold tickets and concessions during intermission. By the end of my first night doing front of house I was kind of in charge of everyone else selling tickets because I naturally take the lead of things I enjoy. And ever since that night early junior year I have adored it. Leaving behind my high school theatre company will most definitely be hard, some people I may never see again, others I hope to see when I visit. One person in particular is Dakota, she has been there with me from the start and I left front of house duties behind to her for next year I know she will do fantastic and I truly believe that she will be amazing.

Now that high school is over that doesn't mean that all of these things are over! I will still visit and keep in touch. It's not goodbye, It's see ya later.
~~Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment