Monday, June 30, 2014

Coming to a Close Part Three: Graduation

                    
For me Graduation was always a worrisome topic, not because I didn't think I would graduate but because of the grandeur of it all. Graduation is a big deal and there is a lot of on everyone that day. The pressure causes you to ask yourself many questions, "Am I going to trip as I walk across the stage?","Will I be the one that passes out this year?", "what if no one claps when I go across the stage?". If worries like these are going through your head here are some tips from someone who made it through graduation embarrassment free.
#1) WATER WATER WATER
Depending on where you live graduation season is pretty dang hot. It's especially hot where I live, this year was the first year in a while that nobody passed out due to heat. My number one tip to make sure you're not that person that passes out is to drink water! Lots and lots of water. Start drinking the day before and keep drinking the morning of graduation too. It is very important to stay hydrated every day, especially graduation!
#2) Don't wear Heels
At my graduation this year at least three girls fell while walking down the stairs after they received their diploma. Was it a coincidence that all three were wearing sky high heels? I think not. Seriously though unless you came out of the womb being able to walk in heels I wouldn't make graduation the day you try.
#3) Everything will be okay
Despite what you may think everything is going to turn out okay, and I didn't say perfect for a reason. Even if you do all the right things you still may be the person who falls or the person who passes out, and that's okay! It's not the end of the world, it may seem like it at the time but in a year, or maybe even a month, it wont even seem relevant. Because hey! You've got college to look forward to!


~~Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment