Saturday, March 15, 2014

DIY Sharpie Mug!

I've wanted to do this for so long and I finally took advantage of my lazy day to do it! What is "It" you ask? A Sharpie mug! Still confused? A sharpie mug is a plain mug that you decorate with a sharpie and with a few easy steps the sharpie design becomes super permanent! Here are some examples from others!
Alright! Now lets get started with mine! I've decided to make mine a "Home is where the heart is" kind of thing. My home is in Maryland but next year i start college in North Carolina.

1. Draw your design with pencil on a clean ceramic mug. 

2. Once you've decided this is what you want, go over the pencil in sharpie.

3. Carefully put the mug in a 425 degree oven and set the timer for thirty minutes. 


4. Do something fun with your thirty minutes to spare, I painted a dresser for my room! 

5.  when your timer goes off CAREFULLY get the mug out of the oven and set it on a pot holder. Let cool and enjoy!

I hope you guys enjoy making one of these as much as I did! Tweet me pictures of your mugs if you make one! @LiveBrightlyy Have a great day!
~~Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment